Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Jeu du reglement -> like feral dogs clamped on a ham hock

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 19, 2013 2:17 pm    Sujet du message: like feral dogs clamped on a ham hock Répondre en citant

Dr. Frazier: Clancy Ride US Part 1
Walter Storey and Carl Stearns Clancy pictured with the start their ‘surrounding the world tour using 1912 Henderson motorcycles.ADVENTURE BEGINS One hundred years LATER – The beginning Century earlier Carl Stearns Clancy and his riding pal Walter Storey left the united states relating to the first leg for their ‘all around the world motorcycle ride using two 1912 Henderson motorcycles. Storey left his Henderson in Paris and returned in the USA while Clancy soldiered on alone,Gucci Borse, eventually relating that has a second riding mate in San Francisco, Robert Allen, who used a 1913 Henderson to go somewhere with Clancy along the USA to Chicago, following Clancy started alone to his start reason Ny city. Their was pondering retracing the Clancy tire tracks A century later down the USA, a riding pal changed over and accessible to join me the same as Robert Allen did with Clancy. My potential riding pal, Richard Livermore, and i also had many conversations by what types of motorcycle we could take along the USA. We started by hunting for 1912 and 1913 Henderson motorcycles. That search ended whe adjustable levers n we discovered how few remained across the world as well as how dear we were looking at in price, easily from the six-figure category. Just a copy is in the $125,Borse Gucci Outlet,000 range, wild of one's desired budget. We then cast about looking to purchase new adventure oriented models, to include BMW GS models to Kawasaki KLR650s. I favored the KLR650 as a consequence of value and my history with the model, having ridden one everywhere and bagged another 30,000 miles for the 2009 model without any serious maintenance issues. Livermore had used a 2006 KLR650 on several occasions and thus have also been knowledgable about their versatility and value. While considering the Kawasaki KLR we began looking at used motorcycle models rrnstead of purchasing new motorcycles. One key factor was that people knew that when they are we completed The Clancy Centenary Ride in June, 2013 round the USA we've been visiting mothball our motorcycles kept in storage for some time pit stop, possibly extending well past a few months. Neither Livermore nor I were favoring the use of purchasing new motorcycles,Borse Gucci Outlet, riding them 6500 miles in three weeks and then parking them to get an extended stretch of time. Livermore and i also both got a history with the 1982-1983 Honda turbo charged motorcycles,Gucci Outlet, the CX500TC and CX650TC models,Borse Gucci, each having owned a number. Livermore had also found me the 1983 Honda GL650I when i had which is used to ride through Brazilian (www.ultimategloberide.com) by using a girlfriend who had Parkinson’s disease, a compelling runner over some tough ground. Livermore knew the motorcycles and models well, having got a adjustable lever new 1983 Honda GL650I which were a leftover 26 years ago but still owning it in 2012 whenever we were debating options for our adventure over the USA. Greg Goss,Gucci Outlet, Honda turbo guru, prepped both GL650s on an arduous ride round the USA.We finally thought they would seek a pre-owned list of basic 1983 GL650s which Livermore eventually located on eBay. You 13,000 miles upon it and then the other 30,000, and we assumed on the list of been broken in and any bugs have been ironed out. However,Gucci Sito Ufficiale, the motorcycles were taken to a renowned Honda Turbo guru in southern California, Greg Goss, for just a thorough mechanical check. While undergoing the extensive service he installed aluminum pannie motorcycle clutch rs from Happy Trails (www.happy-trail.com),Gucci Borse, windscreens, new batteries, tires and minor parts from Honda. Once lots of labor, parts, purchase price,Gucci Sito Ufficiale, paperwork and shipping were computed there were nearly $4500 in each motorcycle and then we felt these folks were ready for our adventure tour across the USA. This quick test ride from San Marcos, Ca clutch lever lifornia to S . f . found no performance or maintenance problems. As Livermore so i were getting ready to depart from Bay area at the first day's The Clancy Centenary Ride we looked back on our making decisions process for having the 30 year-old Hondas for 6,500 mile ride and made note of your following: • We're both comfortable with the quirks of this GL650s, like weak stators and starter clutch failures, and knew ways around them if broken on our journey. • Tires were readily accessible round the USA whenever we needed a completely new one. • Such as the Henderson model Clancy rode in 1913, our GL650s A century later in 2013 were no longer being manufactured. • Both Honda and Henderson began while using the letter H. One tourist considering my motorcycle asked, “What year is your Harley-Davidson?” To look at told him it turned out a 1983 Honda he replied, “Sure seems like a Harley-Davidson.” A second tourist,Borse Gucci, more enlightened, researched the GL650 and said, “It's just like a Moto Guzzi without getting a soul.” This brought a response of, “Well, we’ll see concerning the soul, but all this time in California traffic where everyone seems to think 75 mph means 80 mph, the Honda has enough heart to hold.” We met two new riding pals around the wharf area on your Sf Bay. The 2 motorcycle adventurists, Geoff Hill and Gary Walker, come from Ireland and had been adopting the original Clancy route worldwide. They had been riding 2013 BMW 1200 Adventure models, special 90th Anniversary editions. Their motorcycles had arrived in Houston a couple of days before and both were preparing to come along and other wines if we crossed north america. Their massive gas tanks and high seat height made the GL650s seem small when parked close to them Geoff Thomas, pictured here, gave my GL650 some very nice karma at a Buddhist temple in Thailand.Geoff Thomas, a Londoner whom I did met numerous times in Asia additionally, the Us, got to a state Beginning of the USA leg of one's Clancy Centenary Ride and gave all of your motorcycles equal blessing by presenting us with Buddhi adjustable handle st wrist bands that was blessed by monks inside the Lak Si temple in Bangkok, Thailand. He affixed mine into the handlebars of my GL650 while reciting a Buddhist prayer on the Thai language. All of our motorcycles thus blessed could possibly be thought to be having departed at all point of The Clancy Centenary Ride with equally good karma. Several of people Street Bike Levers left together for Sacramento. After zigging and zagging through potholes and road construction in downtown Bay area, that has a side ride for the famous curves of Lombard Street, we found the multi-lanes of I-80 and our first sustained very fast highway ride. It had become the two GL650s upfront, only because of the leader was competent together with his GPS we, about the second motorcycle, hasn't been about to allow him to shake me off. Each of the foreigners from Ireland about the their Bavarian behemoth BMWs fell in comfortably behind me as well as three among us, like feral dogs clamped on a ham hock, held on to your GPS leader to Sacramento where we stoppe clutch and brake levers d with the night. While unloading our luggage Favorite the Irishmen if our 650cc motorcycles were going not fast enough regarding their 1200cc Bavarian Adventures. One of many Irishmen laughed after which growled, “Grrrrrrr,” like a mangy dog I reckon we shall racing lever enjoy the fun about this adventure tour.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Jeu du reglement
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: