Stages
Liens
Club
Tournoi
Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Conseils pour débuter -> and then there’s just a little kid who just says

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 15, 2013 2:40 am    Sujet du message: and then there’s just a little kid who just says Répondre en citant

Backstage Pass
Friday July 26, 2013 12:58 PM By Glenn Gamboa Photo credit: G.E. Masana | Jen Chapin wanted to reach a wider audience with her "Reckoning" album in 2013. Jen Chapin felt that it was time. After years of truly being a D.I.Y. artist – from recording and producing herself (with help from her husband,adjustable levers, bassist/composer Stephan Crump) to mailing out her own CDs – the Huntington native wanted the songs that would become her new album, “Reckoning” (Purple Chair),adjustable Lever,Toms Shoes Outlet, to reach as many people as possible. “I’ve been able to do this all my life and I’m so grateful,” Chapin says, sitting at a communal table in a coffee shop near her Brooklyn home. “But it’s all been through my own push… This time it definitely feels like,adjustable levers motorcycle, ‘All right, I’m 42, I’m gonna put it all out there.’ It’s not like I’ll quit, because this is what I do. But I don’t know if I’ll have the same focus like this.” Chapin used Pledge Music to crowdfund the project, allowing her to hire Grammy-winning Kevin Killen,Cheap Toms, who has worked with U2 and Shakira, to produce the album, adding that he helped her capture a sound that “definitely feels like it’s coming from now, from my life now – 10 years later, two kids later… a lot of political joy and pain later.” The project also funded videos for the potent, jazzy “Go Away” and the layered folk of “Feed My Baby.” “It worked for me,” says Chapin, who focuses on storytelling in her songs the way her father, Harry Chapin, did. “A lot of ‘Reckoning’ is about balancing – about being the mother of young kids and an activist and an artist… I have an agenda of saying,adjustable clutch lever, ‘There are a lot of people out there doing this balance, but there’s no music out there about it.’ I wanted to tell that story. At the same time, you don’t want to be like, ‘Look at me! I do it all!’ Everybody does it all. People always ask me,adjustable levers motorcycle,adjustable levers,Toms Shoes Sale,adjustable clutch lever, ‘How do you have a music career with the kids and everything?’ and I say, ‘How do you do it?’” Most records have one major messag #file_links[D:\keywords15.txt,1,S] e they want to get across. “Reckoning” has all sorts of ideas running through that. Is it tough to balance that? In college, I was an international relations major. The usual joke is ‘That didn’t connect to your work now.’ Well, actually, it does. I was attracted to that because it was multi-disciplinary. It’s a little bit of anthropology, a little political science, a little economics,Coach Factory Outlet, a lot of culture and a lot of trying to make sense of fragments of information that are coming at you from everywhere… I think a lot of writers pull lots of different things together in #file_links[D:\keywords12.txt,1,Jordans for Sale,S] their work. For me,adjustable Lever, there are a lot of different ideas, but it’s all integrated in me. They’re all very true to me. “Insatiable” seems like a different song for you. It can kind of read like it’s about external characters. It’s definitely more external than most of them. But it’s really about America. America is ‘she’ and ‘he’ is an immigrant with the wrong name. That one feels more external, but it feels personal. It feels intimate. What is “Paris” about? That’s the most personal… It’s a family vacation,SportBike Levers, basically,motorcycle levers,Coach Outlet,adjustable motorcycle levers, just little images from the city. I was hearing it as something far more political. There’s always a political undertone. That’s how I am. There’s some thought about ‘Free #file_links[D:\keywords11.txt,motorcycle levers,1,S] dom fries’ and our love-hate relationship with France… A little of it is unabashed, ‘You know what? We’re French. By marriage, it’s my heritage. #file_links[D:\keywords14.txt,1,S] My kids speak French. Deal with it.’ And you are still working on fighting hunger. I did a video for Feed Your Baby, which is also a personal-po #file_links[D:\keywords13.txt,adjustable motorcycle levers,1,S] litical song. It’s a hunger song… It’s a song about the food system and how hard it is to feed your baby. But it’s also about my youngest son, who doesn’t like to eat. He doesn’t eat pizza. He doesn’t eat hot dogs. He’s a miracle of science. It’s your No. 1 responsibility as a parent to feed your baby, but at this point we’re kind of like,Cheap Jordans, Whatever. … Writing that song was made possible by the political,SportBike Levers, by money, by industrial agriculture, and then there’s just a little kid who just says, No. Jen Chapin plays Grounds and Sounds, 380 Nicolls Rd.,Coach Outlet Store Online, E. Setauket, at 8 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $12.50 through groundsandsounds.org. Tags: Jen Chapin , Stephan Crump , Harry Chapin , Kevin Killen
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Conseils pour débuter
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: