Stages
Liens
Club
Tournoi
Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Livre d'or -> Paris food blogger goes seasonal in her latest coo

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 27, 2013 12:21 am    Sujet du message: Paris food blogger goes seasonal in her latest coo Répondre en citant

{Paris food blogger goes seasonal in her latest cookbook, The French Market}
In my former career as a crime reporter, I was introduced by a colleague to the beauty of food blogs.Among the one I checked whenever I had a small window of downtime was Chocolate and Zucchini,Michael Kors Handbags Outlet, which chronicles the food adventures of Clotilde Dusoulier as she cooks in her Paris kitchen.It was one of the first food blogs to gain popularity and she has kept it up for years, ultimately producing several cookbooks, including her latest, The French Market Cookbook (Clarkson Potter).A slight departure from her other books, this one contains only vegetarian recipes — an increasingly common theme among cookbooks I’ve seen lately.The appeal of Chocolate and Zucchini, besides Dusoulier’s easygoing style of writing and generally approachable dishes, has been its peek into life and cooking in France,michael kors canada, where there has long been an emphasis on eating in season.As such, the book is divided by season with plenty of luscious photographs of dishes and ingredients.Each chapter includes a list of what fruit and vegetables will be coming into season — though perhaps not entirely accurate for us here in Alberta. I appreciated the attention to cooking in season, which is something we’ve certainly moved away from in North America (and are now making concerted and public efforts to return to more recently).Since seasonal is the focus, the recipes reflect a desire to let the fruits and vegetables shine. Simplicity is the foundation of most in the book.So, too, is a focus on more wholesome ingredients, with Dusoulier calling for unrefined sugars, almond milk, organic eggs and almond butter.The clafoutis recipe I tried required almond flour and unrefined cane sugar, which did require a trip to the natural food store.Clafoutis is a dessert I’ve long associated with France, so it seemed a natural pick when taking on this book. Not to mention that the idea of adding the warm flavour of cardamom and peaches — perfect for summer — appealed. Clafoutis is sort of like a baked pudding or flan, speckled with fruit.Dusoulier has bolstered hers with the addition of almond flour to play against the peaches. Smartly,Michael Kors Handbags, she created the recipe as a way to use up those that don’t quite meet the juicy standard required for them to be eaten au naturel.The result is a not-overly-sweet dessert full of sliced peaches with a hint of almond and cardamom.And, yes,michael kors canada, as per her suggestion, it does make a very fine breakfast — if you actually have leftovers.But,Michael Kors Outlet, I have to admit, I didn’t find myself getting overly excited about a large number of recipes in the book. Maybe it’s vegetarian cookbook fatigue. Maybe it’s because the recipes in the three other seasons appealed more. (I definitely was intrigued by the Radish-top Pasta from spring and winter’s Curried Leek Tarte Tatin, but it felt like cooking out of season went against the book’s goal.)Nevertheless, for those looking for a French take on getting more meatless dishes with healthier ingredients onto the table,Michael Kors Outlet, this could be a good fit.Peach,Michael Kors Handbags Outlet,Michael Kors Handbags, Almond and Cardamom Clafoutis
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Livre d'or
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: