Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Accessoires -> sac lancel qsd2kxtt

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Sujet du message: sac lancel qsd2kxtt Répondre en citant

{McGillis: A writer’s call to avoid a rush to judgment}
If Catherine Bush is looking especially chipper on the Skype screen from her Toronto home, there’s perhaps more to it than the mere matter of having a long-awaited new novel finally in the nation’s bookstores. We’re talking two days after Alice Munro’s Nobel win, and like so many Canadians, we’re both still buzzing with the news.“I was so happy, I was in tears,” the 52-year-old writer said of her reaction to the Nobel announcement. “Great art is a kind of conversion process, and I feel altered by Alice Munro because of the way she sees the world, the way she sees time, human relationships, even the way she sees sentences. Of all the writers up in the pantheon that I would want this to happen to, I can’t think of anyone more deserving. It’s a vindication of her dedication to the short story, of her attention to the specificity of place, and of the absolute integrity of her writing life. Everyone just seems so unreservedly happy about it, and that’s so lovely in itself, that this piece of news could spread such joy.”These, clearly, are the words of a writer who takes her vocation and craft seriously, a quality in abundant evidence in Accusation. Her fourth novel and first since 2004’s Claire’s Head, the new book represents a consolidation of the themes and preoccupations of the first three, and a step beyond them, too. Inspired by a story the author encountered on a personal trip to East Africa in the 1990s, the plot centres on Sara Wheeler, a Canadian journalist who chances upon a travelling Ethiopian children’s circus while visiting Copenhagen. Caught up in the optimism and vitality the young performers seem to represent, she ends up having a brief personal entanglement with the troupe’s charismatic Canadian founder, Raymond Renaud; later, when some of the performers apply for refugee status in Australia amid accusations of sexual molestation against Renaud, Sara is left guiltily wondering whether she missed the signs, and to what degree she should pursue the story as a journalist.Concentric circles spread steadily from the ethical dilemma at the novel’s core, growing in depth and implication right up until a perfectly pitched and exquisitely surprising ending. Critical acclaim has never been in short supply for Bush, but there’s a sense that Accusation, with a bit of good fortune, could also be her commercial breakthrough.“I’m writing about what it means to write about others,” Bush said of her impetus for Accusation. When it became apparent that the reporting on the original, real-life story may have led to harm for one of the principals, it seemed “a kind of crisis of journalistic ethics,” Bush said. “I was thinking about what that means,[url=http://www.saclancelvente.fr]sac lancel[/url], and the difficulty of writing about stories like this at all.“As a novelist, I’m in the same position — you write about an allegation and you spread it further, whether or not it’s true. Simply by mentioning it, you give it more life. How do you do this ethically? How do you talk about the complexity of the way allegations live in the world, whether we’re the accused or the accuser, bystander or journalist or novelist?”
相关的主题文章:

[url=http://host146.hostmonster.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/shop99.us?mod=spacecp&ac=blog&blogid=]cacabaretlabasochNo[/url]

[url=http://www.qzmuseum.net/Review.asp?NewsID=139]w5zagmnk[/url]

[url=http://www.breastfeeding.com/social/public/user/ilxnlsi365/blogs]“I went to the bank[/url]
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Accessoires
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: