Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Les tournois -> Michael Kors gmvaqhpb

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 18, 2014 8:59 am    Sujet du message: Michael Kors gmvaqhpb Répondre en citant

{Forty years of Rough Rider memories (with video)}
View more archival photosFIRST QUARTER: The gameMark Kosmos, linebacker‘Please, God. Don’t let him throw the ball.’Mark Kosmos had already played for two Grey Cup champions, the 1970 Montreal Alouettes and 1972 Hamilton Tiger-Cats, before the Ottawa Rough Riders acquired him in a trade during the 1973 season.Kosmos joined his new team during its 9-1 run to end the regular season, playing in six games, and he made an impact in the Grey Cup game by forcing one of five Edmonton Eskimos fumbles, one of three that ended up in Rough Riders hands.“The quarterback ran (an unblocked bootleg play) to the left, and I was blitzing from the right, and he had his back to me,” Kosmos says. “So, now, I’m thinking, ‘Oh! You’ve got to get him.’“In my head, I’ve got God on our side. I’m saying, ‘Please,[url=http://michael-kors--bags.weebly.com/]Michael Kors[/url], God. Don’t let him throw the ball.’ He stopped to throw the ball, I hit him, he fumbled, we recovered.“There are special things that happen in a football game where you get an opportunity to say, ‘Hey! You know what? I’m doing something for all the team, not just for me. … It just fills you up with a little of, ‘Let’s get it again, let’s do it again.’ ”Kosmos played four more seasons with the Rough Riders and received another Grey Cup ring after the “Clements-to-Gabriel” victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1976.Now 67, he says of the 1973 final, which ended with Ottawa prevailing 22-18: “It was that kind of enjoyment as a team, where you’re joking on the field, joking with your players, joking with the officials. If I could go back (and play one game), that would be it.”SECOND QUARTER: Reuniting#77Tom Pullen, tight end‘We turned everything around after that point.’Tom Pullen played tight end for Rough Riders championship teams in 1968 and 1969, when Frank Clair was head coach, and he was Kosmos’ teammate with the Alouettes squad that won in 1970. It certainly didn’t look as if there would be a chance for Pullen’s fourth Grey Cup ring after Ottawa lost its first four games of 1973.Then, he says, something strange happened on the small field south of the Lansdowne grandstands on the first practice day after that fourth loss.Linebacker Dan Dever was nowhere to be found when practice began. A half-hour later, a gate leading to the field opened and in came Dever, dressed head to toe in a Governor General’s Foot Guards uniform. Head coach Jack Gotta fell to the ground, laughing, as Dever strode the length of the field.“That was our team. We turned everything around after that point,” Pullen says.A longtime member and past president of the Kiwanis Club of Ottawa, Pullen was asked by that organization to arrange a luncheon appearance by Jeff Hunt of Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group, which has an agreement with the city to redevelop Lansdowne Park and is starting a CFL expansion franchise to replace the long-departed Rough Riders and Ottawa Renegades.Pullen was game, and he had a plan. Knowing he couldn’t attend the annual Rough Riders alumni golf tournament because of a family trip, he suggested linking the 1973 Riders reunion to the luncheon and the CFL’s impending rebirth in Ottawa with the REDBLACKS.
相关的主题文章:

[url=http://valuebay.net/spam/denied]sac lancel pas cher r40fzplv[/url]

[url=http://www.cetreria.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70062]Michael Kors handbags lomnoxdo[/url]

[url=http://mbtoutet98.bokee.com/501491506.html]Michael Kors handbags opvyfeai[/url]
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Les tournois
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: