Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Raquettes -> ml5rse5t

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 21, 2013 7:35 am    Sujet du message: ml5rse5t Répondre en citant

Jason Colli Sportbike lever ns says response to coming out has ‘been remarkable’
“When back-to-back calls from Oprah Winfrey and President Obama come in, that was the moment where you go, ‘What is going on?’ ” Collins said. “When you pick up and someone says, ‘Please hold for the president,’ it really sinks in. It’s been a heck of a ride. “Not even in my wildest dreams could I have imagi bar end mirror ned all this — the response. You’re always thinking, ‘I’m going to make this happen in my own words,Sportbike lever, on my own terms, and I’ Motorcycle lever ll deal with the repercussions and consequences.’ And it turns out the country was really ready for something like this. It’s been remarkable.”It was four days after an anonymous, 12-year journey adjustable Lever man center, a guy even many local media members didn’t know played in six games for the Wizards last season, became the First Male Athlete Currently Playing In a Sport America Really Cares About To Say, “I’m Gay.”Before that moment, via his first-person Sports Illustrated story, Collins was heading into the usual nondescript offseason of a 7-foot behemoth who, aside from being the consummate professional, averaged four fouls per game in one season and boasted a career 3.8-point scoring average. Now?For more than 30 minutes over the phone from Los Angeles on Thursday night, he talked about his newfound celebrity — one that includes Sunday night on Oprah’s couch before millions; the lead-up to his decision to come out; how bei CNC sport bike parts ng in Washington had a profound effect on his announcement and,sport bike accessories, finally, the things a closeted gay man must do over more than a dec handle lever ade to keep his cover while superficially proving to his NBA teammates he’s as hetero as they ar rear sets e.Yes, to pretend he was a playa, he partook of the hedonistic strip-club scene — albeit, in different w racing lever ays.“Sometimes you go and you just, you know, really enjoy the chicken tenders,” Collins said. Laughing for a good 10 seconds, he eventually grew serious. “I don’t know what to tell you. You get so used to wearing a mask. You get used to telling half-truths, telling lies, telling stories about making up fictitious girlfriends or whatever it is. In the end, it’s all about making this step forward in my life and being completely honest and up front and genuine. “It just goes back to anybody who tries to keep some secret,” Collins added. “The weight just gets heavier and heavier and heavier. It starts taking its toll on you mental sport bike accessories ly and physically to the point where you just don’t sleep well.”When he was traded to Washington from Boston in February, Collins had already come out to several family members and friends. He wore the No. 98 to honor the memory of Matthew Shepard, a young gay man murdered in Wyoming in 1998, and the Trevor Project, a nonprofit founded in 1998 dedicated to suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and for youth questioning their own sexuality. “Two powerful images in the history of gay culture in America,” he said.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Raquettes
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: