Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Papotages divers -> m5ud4q4e-spun5

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 16, 2013 6:52 pm    Sujet du message: m5ud4q4e-spun5 Répondre en citant

GRAND-AM: Park Place Making Strides
Household could be a new name for the Rolex Performance car Series, members of the squad behind Park Place Motorsports have been popular the block with the performance car racing world.The Dalclip on handlebarslas-based team, which debuted for the Rolex 24 at Daytona this coming year, began life as Horton Autosport, some pot effort between former Indy crew chief John Hortonwomen motorcycle helmets and brother-in-law Patrick Lindsey, which saw impressive strides made through its rookie season in your competitive GT ranks in 2012.The landscape, however, changed to do this year, like a partnership while using the country’s fourth largest Porsche dealership saw the Horton squad transform into Park Place Motorsports, which included expansion into a multi-car team with a new base alongside the seller in Texas.For Lindsey, a 30-year-old Wall Street trader, who started racing professionally only five years ago, the group took over a serious off-season makeover, including the appearance of Porsche factory driver Patrick Long as his co-driver for ones season. Patrick Lindsey and Patrick Long celebrated the team's firstmotorcycle engine covers-ever podium finish before out at Road Atlanta. (Photo: MotorsportsMedia/Park Place Racing) "When we developed the bond with Park Place together crew members who are arriving for us fascinated with using our outfit simply because they saw lots of potential, I knew it's just going to be imperative that you obtain that talent through the driver's seat,” Lindsey said. "I spoken with Pat don and doff in '09 as well as stars aligned with respect to his agenda for the year of 2010, issues that happened by using his ALMS program for continuing Porsche Motorsport's radar to be a worthwhile program make would want to [support].”Park Place debuted that have an impressive two-car effort in the Rolex 24 at Daytona before expanding to a few entries for their home race at Circuit belonging to the Americas. The team’s rapid growth has become aided by some key additions to the squad, including team manager Brock Wagner and American factory driver Long, that is using past knowledge and success to his benefit in assisting be the cause in Park Place’s maturation together. “That's another thing like a driver; In cases where a car and team provides the speed, most of it you're able to nurture along,” Long said. “They have a great lineup of guys underneath [John Horton]. The core gang of guys that I've been equipped to win [the Rolex 24] are here. "It's really just myself, the mechanics and Patrick and John uniting and learning how to function in one direction. In the beginning ., I often up ahead in, drive the auto just as easily and consistently within the track as I could. We have through the Rolex and started getting i rear motorcycle standnto our groove.”A fourth place finish at COTA was protected using a season-high second at Road Atlanta, more importantly marking the team’s first-ever podium finish in mere its fourth race as a group. The duo currently sitsSportBike Levers sixth with the championship standings heading into this weekend’s Chevrolet GRAND-AM 200 at Belle Isle. "It's performing exercises great,” Lindsey said. “We still some teething [issues] occasionally but Patrick [Long’s] input has proved extremely valuable in helping us overcome a lot of growing pains."One for the proven commodities while in the organization have been the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, a championship-wiled tail light assemblynner in various car championships throughout the world, including the Rolex Series. It’s also familiar territory for too long, who spends a considerable amount of time on an annual basis coaching clients in the Cup cars, despite almost all of hisdouble bubble windscreen recent racing experience coming along the wheel of this GTE-spec 911 GT3 RSR model."I adore this platform which is an entirely different exercise than ALMS,” Long said. “These cars are usually much mechanically relying upon their grip, wherein ALMS, it is just a lot about aerodynamics. It is just a great deal of fun nevertheless an incredibly technical car drive an automobile. “It has that school feel. We're still shifting with the hands and don't the paddles and possess to implement the clutch on downshifts. It's a with relative ease car where customers can buy and also be competitive instantly."With Park Place offering a lot of racing services for Porsche owners, including arrive-and-drive, race prep and at-track support, this company is hoping to get to be the next go-to solution for customer racing options and it has the goals of 1 day competing inside the At any hour of Le Mans.But for now, the focus is entirely on its Rolex Series program and planning a map for the future, in your ever-changing landscape of North American fancy car racing. One thing’s for certain,motorcycle fairings, though, and that’s it’s loyalty to Porsche. "Any one of them races may be our weekend to get our first victory,” Long added. &#822motorcycle rear stand0;Definitely, some of the best step within the podium may be a goal just for this year. When which comes will probably be due to the race reaches us. "We know we've got the opportunity to ensure also to finish higher. But we look around the first [four] races and we've put consistent points over the board and are still in striking distance. It's just a long summer. “I'm excited, nevertheless the plan is to see linear growth right up until the end of the year. Once we identify that, then I've done my job. If I’m fired leading to a end of the season, then I've said a lot!"John Dagys is SPEED.com’s Sportscar Racing Reporter, aimed at all major domestic and international championships. You can actually follow him on Twitter @johndagys or email him at
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Papotages divers
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: