Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Jeu du reglement -> 4fm5lnc2-spun7

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Sujet du message: 4fm5lnc2-spun7 Répondre en citant

Dr. Frazier: Clancy Ride US Part 1
Walter Storey and Carl Stearns Clancy pictured with a sluggish start their ‘throughout the world tour utilizing 1912 Henderson motorcycles.ADVENTURE BEGINS Century LATER – The beginning 100 year adjustable handle s earlier Carl Stearns Clancy with his fantastic riding pal Walter Storey left the us on the first leg of the ‘across the world motorcycle ride using two 1912 Henderson motorcycles. Storey left his Henderson in Paris and returned with the USA while Clancy soldiered on alone, eventually joining that has a second riding mate in San francisco bay area, Robert Allen, who used a 1913 Henderson for traveling with Clancy down the USA to Chicago, following Clancy followed alone to his start time Ny Cit Motorcycle racing parts y. As i was serious about retracing the Clancy tire tracks A hundred years later on the USA, a riding pal moved up and available to join me similar to Robert Allen did with Clancy. My potential riding pal, Richard Livermore, and i had many conversations by what form of motorcycle you can easliy take on the USA. We started by seeking out 1912 and 1913 Henderson motorcycles. That search ended after we discovered how few remained across the globe and ways in which dear these people were in price, easily through the six-figure category. Even a copy is in the $125,000 range, wild individuals desired budget. You have to cast about searching for new adventure oriented models, which ranges from BMW GS models to Kawasaki KLR650s. I favored the KLR650 with the value and my history while using model, having ridden one internationally and bagged another 30,000 miles for the 2009 model without having serious maintenance issues. Livermore had used a 2006 KLR650 on several occasions thus have also been familiar with their versatility and value. While with the Kawasaki KLR we began checking out used motorcycle models as an alternative to purchasing new motorcycles. One primary factor was that him and i knew any time we completed The Clancy Centenary Ride in June, 2013 along the USA we had been about to mothball our motorcycles in storage for a pit stop, possibly extending well past half a year. Neither Livermore nor I were favoring purchasing new motorcycles, riding them 6500 miles in three weeks an Street Bike Levers d then parking them take an extended period. Livermore and so i both possessed a history when using the 1982-1983 Honda turbo charged motorcycles, the CX500TC racing lever and CX650TC models, each having owned a number of. Livermore had also found me the 1983 Honda GL650I i always had used to ride through The philipines (www.ultimategloberide.com) having a girlfriend who had Parkinson’s disease, a solid runner over some tough ground. Livermore knew the motorcycles and models well, having got such a new 1983 Honda GL650I that's a leftover 26 years ago but owning it in 2012 whenever you were debating options for our adventure on the USA. Greg Goss, Honda turbo guru, prepped both GL650s to get an arduous ride down the USA.We finally thought i would rummage around for pre-owned number of basic 1983 GL650s which Livermore eventually positioned on eBay. You 13,000 miles in it along with the other 30,000, therefore we assumed one of the been broken in and then for any bugs have been ironed out. However, the motorcycles were brought to a renowned Honda Turbo guru in california, Greg Goss, to get a thorough mechanical check. While undergoing the extensive service he installed aluminum panniers from Happy Trails (www.happy-trail.com), windscreens, new batteries, tires and minor parts from Honda. Once the whole set of labor, parts, sticker price, paperwork and shipping were computed we were treated to nearly $4500 in each motorcycle and in addition we felt the pair were ready for adventure tour all over the USA. This short test ride from San Marcos, California to Sf found no performance or maintenance problems. As Livermore and i also were getting ready to depart from San Francisco to the first day of The Clancy Centenary Ride we looked back on our decision making process for getting the 30 year-old Hondas for all our 6,500 mile ride and created note of this following: • We had arrived both well-versed in the quirks of one's GL650s, like weak stators and starter clutch failures, and knew ways around them if broken on our journey. • Tires were easily available surrounding the USA whenever we needed property. • For instance the Henderson model Clancy rode in 191 adjustable levers 3, our GL650s One hundred years later in 2013 were no longer being manufactured. • Both Honda and Henderson began while using the letter H. One tourist focusing on my motorcycle asked, “What year is the Harley-Davidson?” As i told him rrt had been a 1983 Honda he replied, “Sure looks like a Harley-Davidson.” A second tourist, more enlightened, looked over the GL650 and said, “It seems for a Moto Guzzi and not using a soul.” This brought a reply of, “Well,louis vuitton borse, we’ll see with regards to the soul, but all this time in California traffic where everyone generally think 75 mph means 80 mph, the Honda has got enough heart to take care of.” We met two new riding pals in the wharf area on your Bay area Bay. Two of the motorcycle adventurists, Geoff Hill and Gary Walker, come from Ireland together been using the original Clancy route globally. We were looking at riding 2013 BMW 1200 Adventure models, special 90th Anniversary editions. Their motorcycles had visited New york a couple of days before and both were preparing to join us and other people because we crossed america. Their massive gas tanks and high seat height made the GL650s seem small when parked beside them Geoff Thomas, pictured here,Motorcycle Superstore, gave my GL650 a quality karma by a Buddhist temple in Thailand.Geoff Thomas, a Londoner whom We met numerous times in Asia as well as the U . s, attained a state Start of the USA leg of your Clancy Centenary Ride and gave all four individuals motorcycles equal blessing by presenting us with Buddhist wrist bands which had been blessed by monks along the Lak Si temple in Bangkok, Thailand. He affixed mine in the handlebars of my GL650 while reciting a Buddhist prayer with the Thai language. Our own motorcycles thus blessed is usually considered as having departed at all reason for The Clancy Centenary Ride with equally good karma. Several sufferers left together for Sacramento. After zigging and zagging through potholes and road construction in downtown San Francisco, using a side ride across the famous curves o motorcycle clutch f Lombard Street, we attained the multi-lanes of I-80 and our first sustained top speed highway ride. It was subsequently the clutch and brake levers two GL650s beforehand, but only as the leader was competent along with his GPS and i also, on the second motorcycle, had not been preparing to let him shake me off. Two of the foreigners from Ireland on adjustable lever the their Bavarian behemoth BMWs fell in comfortably behind me and also three individuals, like feral dogs clamped on the ham hock, hung on to the GPS leader to Sacramento where we stopped to your night. While unloading our luggage Favorite the Irishmen if our 650cc motorcycles had been going not fast enough with regards to 1200cc Bavarian Adventures. One of the Irishmen laughed followed by growled, “Grrrrrrr,” like a mangy dog I feel let us have a great time on that adventure tour.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Jeu du reglement
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: