Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Papotages divers -> " he said. "All the atmospherics

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 17, 2013 6:01 pm    Sujet du message: " he said. "All the atmospherics Répondre en citant

NBC Sports delivers a Brake and Clutch Lever nother winning Preakness telecast
And yes, this was not the best I've ever seen Bob Costas. He stumbled over a word or two in the opening and he congratulated two jockeys at the end of a pre-race interview when he actually meant to thank them. (In both cases, he corrected his mistake immediately.)But Costas on his B-game is still better than just about any other sportscaster on his or her A-game. Overall, Costas gave NBC's pre-race show coverage a sense of authority, grace and intelligence.The opening block of coverage was textbook in how a major sports event should be presented.NBC's cameras panned down from an overhead shot of the grandstand and the track to zero in on Costas, who would set the stage."And hello from just outside the cupola here at Pimlico," Cos rear sets tas said,Coach Factory Outlet, laying out the 20-degree change in temperature from Friday to today and the damp, gray weather now in place.And then, producer Rob Hyland and director Drew Esocoff (of "Sunday Night Football") took viewers on a whiparound of NBC analysts and reporters: Bob Neumeier,Coach Outlet, Mike Battaglia, Donna Brothers,Coach Outlet Store Online, Kenny Rice and Michelle Beadle.The pacing was superb. And outside of Beadle, wh Sportbike lever o seemed to think she had to tell us something about herself every time she opened her mouth, viewers were given one solid piece of information and analysis after another about the race.And then, back to Costas, to offer the perfect synthesis on what we just saw."So, that's the deal," he said. "All the atmospherics, arithmetic and analysis leading up to the Preakness."And then, to the first commercial.The camera work and Esocoff's direction of it was on the money as the horses were led to the gate, during the race itself and through Brothers' on-track interview with winning jockey Gary Stevens. I love her post-race interviews on horseback. And, by t Brake and Clutch Lever he way, the jockey she was interviewing is a former bar end mirror NBC Sports racing analyst who went back on the track at age 50 after being part of the network's ou adjustable Lever tstanding team.I'll tell you what I didn't love Saturday: the tone of WBAL's coverage starting CNC sport bike parts at 1 p.m. prior to NBC taking control.I applaud WBAL for all the resources the station puts into its coverage: from the helicopter overhead giving us a sense of the size and scope of the infield crowd, to all the reporters and photographers on the ground and the skilled presentation of their work. Technically, WBAL's production of such big events is absolutely big-league.But the dippy, chirpy, twerpy, silly banter among the hosts and reporters is bush-league all the way.Gerry Sandusky and Donna Hamilton sitting in chairs, acting as phony as a couple from a 1950s family sitcom, is almost too much to bear.In making his prediction for the race, Sandusky told viewers, "I'd say it's Goldencents, but when was the last time I made much sense?""That's true," Hamilton said laughingly.But Deborah Weiner, who I have often praised for her reporting, was even worse.She was almost giddy, saying, "I've decided I have three goals for today. My first is to prepare a Black Eyed Susan for someone. My second is to meet George Clooney or at least spot him -- as a celebrity. And my third is we have to get into the Under Armour tent this year -- I'm not giving up."Meanwhile, Jennifer Franciotti is standing alongside Weiner acting like her colleague is saying some of the most fascinating and exciting stuff she's ever heard.I get that they're not covering a triple murder, and it's OK to have a little fun. But there is a way to cov handle lever er an upbeat civic event without being rinky-dink.I might blam racing lever e their goofiness on the hats Hamilton, Weiner and Franciotti were wearing. But then, how do explain the bareheaded Sandusky being just as small-market silly?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Papotages divers
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: