Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Cours -> a new product grouping buttressing Sport

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 17, 2013 7:30 pm    Sujet du message: a new product grouping buttressing Sport Répondre en citant

2013 BMW C 600 Sport & C 650 GT First Ride
Contributing editor Gabe Ets-Hokin hops aboard the 2013 BMW C 650 GT and C 600 Sport for any ride round the hills of California. Test it out with the 2013 BMW C650 GT and C600 Sport First Ride Video.If BMW—a brand always connected to high-end, performance-oriented premium cars and motorcycles—were to build a scooter,Borse Gucci Outlet, quantity you choose like? Well, it would not end up being cheapest available for sale,Borse Gucci, that's a safe guess. Nevertheless, you may also safely assume it becomes technologically advanced, have an abundance of luxury-oriented features, be incredibly refined and engineered and turn into fast enough to maintain some in any sort of paved environment.And would certainly be right. I seemed to be so intrigued about BMW's new scooters that put in a 19-hour day flying because of LAX, riding the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT on the Malibu mountains after which you can riding one 400 miles where you can find Oakland in the dead of a cold winter night used just for the opportunity ride one. And up from the surface of my head,Gucci Borse, I won't imagine a better scooter—or motorcycle—to enjoy ever done it on.Every one of us got a beautiful detailedtech briefing of these two scoots from Bryan Harley, but BMW Canada and america had us relax to know Product Manager Street Bike Levers Sergio Carvajal contact us more details on how and why BMW brought these bikes to showcase. BMW has wanted in the scooter marketplace for quite a long time (can see the C1 andC1-E electric prototype ?) on a wonderful reason: it's big—huge—and definately will only get bigger for a lot of reasons. Because it is, 40 million scooters each year are purchased around the globe,Gucci Outlet, as per Carvajal, and demand won'tdecrease soon. The development belonging to the "mega city (built-up parts of Millions of residents plus)" sees a great number of going to urbanized areas from rural ones, increasing traffic density due to this fact, which leads to limited access for cars—plus more ! interest two-wheelers. But oil price triple what gachisites were Ten years ago, emissions standards make tighter regularly,Borse Gucci Outlet, there's a demand for "sustainable urban mobility."Wide bars and 15-inch radial tires offer responsive and predictable steering.The BMW automotive group—with Most highly regarded, Mini, BMW and Husqvarna included—sees BMW Motorrad given that the "center of competence for mobility concepts," most likely to spearhead the push to merge (or probably just blur) the space between cars and single-track vehicles,Gucci Sito Ufficiale, combining the most suitable parts of both. BMW's new "Urban Mobility" line—a new product grouping buttressing Sport, Touring,Gucci Borse, Enduro along with other lines—will prove to add more new models when you need it. But why scooters? Well, Carvajal says, they're fun,Gucci Outlet, they're cute,Borse Gucci, they're non-threatening, all to easy to park,Gucci Sito Ufficiale, very easy to ride and convey feelings of freedom to users and onlookers alike.Onlookers who risk turning into buyers. BMW's survey indicates there's strong interest in its scooters. New riders, BMW-loyal customers who may perhaps be looking to replace or supplement a heavier, bigger machine, returning riders looking adjustable handle for something friendlier an extra shot to riding with, small scooter riders looking to move up for a faster bike, and the ever-desirable 'conquest,' motorcycle and scooter owners business brands trying to find a premium product.As there is without a doubt that is the premium product. The motor is known as a 649cc liquid-cooled, counterbalanced DOHC Twin that Carvajal says offers "best in class" performance: 60 horsepower within the crank. That's good to a 0-40 time offour seconds, and a 109-mph top speed, BMW claims. The goal wasn't powerful, it's compact straightforward to service, using the drive chain running within the enclosed oil bath. The CVT transmission means it can be a twist-n-go, however it's tuned to keep up constant rpm between 30-70 mph for optimum efficiency and response.ImBoth the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT possess some heft, nonetheless the low keeping of the engine and gas tank make maneuvering less of a challenge.The chassis is hassle-free but to as much as the task. This can be a tube-steel bridge-type frame, together with the motor mounted solidly to rigidity. Front side end is known as a sturdy-looking 40mm inverted fork with dual triple clamps. In back, the cast-alloy single-sided swing SportBike Levers arm is suspended by using a laydown monoshock, adjustable for preload. Standard ABS beefs up the dual two-piston calipers and 270mm front discs; another 270mm disc is set in back. The cast wheels mount 15-inch radial tires, a 120-section in-front and wide 160-section at the spine. Wheelbase can be described as lengthy 62.6 inches.That is where both models diverge. The C 600 Sport posesses a more aggressive riding position, the trunk, fairing and windscreen are smaller and 26 pounds lighter versus the 575 pound (claimed wet weight) C 650 GT. The GT receives a bigger fairing with power-adjustable windscreen with a massive 60-liter-capacity trunk. The Sport's trunk has a smaller footprint, but posesses a "Flexcase" bottom that swings out to provide more capacity in case the bike is parked.Why's this game known as the 600 when both models actually share an identical 649 mill? "Why ever go ask the Germans?" responded Carvajal, and following your laughs died down, he stated that there was obviously a want to provide 600 the proper 600cc powerplant, to help you differentiate the 2 main bikes in addition to connote the experience with 600cc sportbikes. But then Yamaha upgraded the Euro-model TMAX, so both rides got an identical mill so your Sport could stop in front. Why the designation wasn't changed to 650 may remain considered one of life's mysteries, but people have more useful things be concerned with, don't we? GT is touring-oriented, gets a larger fairing, trunk, seat and windscreen.Sport posesses a more aggressive riding position, smaller fairing with sharper styling.Tech brief was ended, the program was time for it to start my 460-mile day. The most important 30 miles would wind through Santa Monica, Venice Beach and so the Coast Highway to Malibu, be familiar with crowded, stop-and-go traffic where scooters thrive. Hopping aboard my bronze 650 GT test unit sat me even on a very comfortable, if gigantic ride. A considerable tunnel will make it a little harder to mount when compared to a scooter, but far easier when compared with a motorcycle. Hoisting it upright, I notice its heft, insurance plan it's a really scooter, with the motor and vehicle's gas tank down low, it is very manageable.Out, it's more maneuverable compared to car, just a tiny one, nevertheless you won't mistake it for something smaller. These two machines are ocean-going yachts compared to the nimble cigarette boats which might be the 200cc and smaller scoots, discouraging the wanton antics It's my job to do in town. Extra fat doubt you're in a big, powerful vehicle that demands reserve and respect. The clutch doesn't engage until 2200 rpm and also the gearing is made for the Autobahn, therefore it is not only quick from the line simply because expected, though nobody will refer to it 'slow' in town. The brakes have grown good, especially if you use both front and rear, and the ABS is quite useful, limiting rear-wheel skids and ensuring a short, safe stop on a myriad of pavement. The suspension useful absorbing bumps, helped by your motor being mounted amidships not on your single-sided swingarm currently with many scooters—that huge powerplant has to be large amount of unsprung mass otherwise. Wheeling around town is okay, nevertheless it's not inside the element.The winding mountain roads above Malibu show the Sport and GT's capabilities. Steering is excellent while using the wide bars, radial tires and well-engineered steering geometry. The overall game has got the edge within the fun-to-ride category—small bodywork lower bars make it feel smaller and many more manageable rrn comparison to the GT—but both scoots are perfect with the twisty bits. Both models offered up more cornering clearance than I dared use, together with the motor is wonderful too—responsive and nicely fuelled, it deliverers numerous oomph passing plodding cars with no trouble, even uphill during a good clip. This really is a fast scooter by any metric, with equally as much power as you'd desire for touring, even laden which includes a passenger and luggage for the 406-pound load limit relating to the GT (or 432, surprisingly, for ones Sport).The 650 GT posesses a host of amenities to match comfortable touring.That's right: touring. The GT is a good tourer. Sixty liters of stowage (illuminated that have an LCD lamp), plus two locking glove boxes (the left you've a handy12-volt outlet tucked inside) rivals some sport-tourers I cou motorcycle brake lever ld name. The seats on both bikes are not only broad, supportive and nicely padded, they're heated when using the so-called optional High-Line package including heated seats, gr adjustable levers ips and tire-pressure monitor. I only say so-called because it'll be rare to find these bikes but without the $605 package; 98 or 99 percent of one's bikes shipped could have it, Carvajal told us. The windscreen on t motorcycle clutch he GT was superior: optically correct and sturdy, it sent the wind quietly over my helmet, as well as five-foot-seven my vision only agreed to be below the the most notable screen. Accessory screens can be obtained, as they are a substantial top case, performance Akrapovic exhaust and various other goodies.After 350 miles on long, straight, cow flop-redolent I-5 We were bored, cold and sleepy, but otherwise comfortable. The seat clutch and brake levers and long floorboards have the rider to positions to help remedy sore butts and then the bars put both hands and shoulders inside a healthy posture. The backrest is three-position adjustable giving the tall folk more room, as well as the grip and seat heaters have 'auto' settings that you want to keep palms and back-end exactly the required temperature (luckily, We were qualified to wire up my Powerlet heated gear and keep my other important bits warm to boot).My only touring complaint was range. Carvajel told us the bike returns 53 mpg—but that is at 56 mph and who rides that slow? Not me. For a steady 75 indicated, I burned about 37 mpg and wasn't capable to put greater than 150 miles using one of three tripmeters until the low-fuel warning flashed. BMW claims a 200-mile range for any 4.2-gallon tank: I really don't develop the patience or wrist control for doing that.The BMW C 650 GT starts only over $400 dollars much more than the C 600 Sport.This is the an area of the show where we explain the level of it is and how much we liked it. The GT is $9990 as well as Sport is $9590—add $605 with the Highline package. Expensive, but priced right around other mega-scoots similar to the Burgman Exec ($9899, 2012 model) also know as the Honda Silverwing ($9270, 2012 model). You see a large amount of features to the 10 large, along with a very efficient engine and extremely good handling enclosed in a touring-oriented package to be a superb choice for someone purchasing a long-distance capable ride that's just somehow easier in almost every way rather than a traditional motorcycle. For you nay-sayers that happen to be doubting BMW"s success through the scooter—ahem, urban mobility—market, Carvajal informs us BMW dealers have already been selling the bikes as being the end in the summer as they are moving out the threshold adjustable lever you desire they may organize them.What will a BMW scooter become? I think more people than you'd expect will befinding out that answer first hand—eventually.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Cours
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: