Forum
Accueil

Espace
Membres

Index du Forum -> Raquettes -> m5ud4q4e-spun4

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aderfp633

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 18, 2013 4:06 am    Sujet du message: m5ud4q4e-spun4 Répondre en citant

GRAND-AM: Park Place Making Strides
Household are often new name on the Rolex Cruiser Series, players behind Park Place Motorsports have been established the block in your sports car racing world.The Dalclip on handlebarslas-based team, which debuted around the Rolex 24 at Daytona this present year, began life as Horton Autosport, some pot effort between former Indy crew chief John Hortonwomen motorcycle helmets and brother-in-law Patrick Lindsey, which saw impressive strides made through its rookie season inside the competitive GT ranks in 2012.The landscape, however, changed just for this year, being a partnership aided by the country’s fourth largest Porsche dealership saw the Horton squad transform into Park Place Motorsports, including expansion proper multi-car team and a new base alongside the card dealer in Texas.For Lindsey, a 30-year-old Wall Street trader, who started racing professionally only 5yrs ago, the group took using a serious off-season makeover, including the arrival of Porsche factory driver Patrick Long as his co-driver to your season. Patrick Lindsey and Patrick Long celebrated the team's firstmotorcycle engine covers-ever podium finish last time out at Road Atlanta. (Photo: MotorsportsMedia/Park Place Racing) "When we developed the partnership with Park Place together with crew members who had been arriving at us fascinated with using the services of our outfit since they saw a large amount of potential, I knew it was actually likely to be crucial for you to obtain that talent in your driver's seat,” Lindsey said. "I spoke with Pat on and off 2009 additionally, the stars aligned in the case of his schedule for the year of 2010, stuffs that happened using his ALMS program and simply climbing on Porsche Motorsport's radar as being a worthwhile program make may wish to [support].”Park Place debuted through an impressive two-car effort on the Rolex 24 at Daytona before expanding to 3 entries as for the home race at Circuit of The Americas. The team’s rapid growth may be aided by some key addendums to the squad, including team manager Brock Wagner and American factory driver Long, the person using past knowledge and success to his benefit in assisting be the cause in Park Place’s maturation as a team. “That's a little something as being a driver; Whether a car and team offers the speed, all it it is easy to nurture along,” Long said. “There is a great lineup of guys underneath [John Horton]. The core list of guys that I have been previously in the position to win [the Rolex 24] are here. "It's really just myself, the mechanics and Patrick and John coming together and learning how to employment in one direction. To begin with, I attempted in to the future in, drive your car as rapidly and consistently for the track while i could. We started through the entire Rolex and started getting i rear motorcycle standnto our groove.”A fourth place finish at COTA was copied by just a season-high second at Road Atlanta, most of all marking the team’s first-ever podium finish in mere its fourth race like a group. The duo currently sitsSportBike Levers sixth with the championship standings heading into this weekend’s Chevrolet GRAND-AM 200 at Belle Isle. "It's doing exercises great,” Lindsey said. “We continue to have some teething [issues] occasionally but Patrick [Long’s] input has proved extremely useful for helping us overcome a lot of growing pains."One from the proven commodities inside of the organization happens to be the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, a championship-wiled tail light assemblynner in numerous performance car championships over the world, like Rolex Series. It’s also familiar territory for Long, who spends a number of time year after year coaching clients with the Cup cars, despite almost all of hisdouble bubble windscreen recent racing experience coming in the wheel for the GTE-spec 911 GT3 RSR model."I love this platform as it is a very different exercise than ALMS,” Long said. “These cars are certainly much mechanically dependent upon their grip, wherein ALMS, it's actually a lot about aerodynamics. This is a many fun but nonetheless a very technical car to use. “Still it has the particular school feel. We're still shifting with these hands and not the paddles and still have to make usage of the clutch on downshifts. It is a with relative ease car where customers should purchase you can also be competitive quickly."With Park Place offering a variety of racing services for Porsche owners,motorcycle stands, including arrive-and-drive, race prep and at-track support, the corporation is desiring to end up being the next go-to solution for customer racing options and has the goals of a day competing inside Round the clock of Le Mans.For now, the main target is entirely on its Rolex Series program and paying out a map money for hard times, during the ever-changing landscape of Usa car racing. One thing’s for certain, though, and that’s it’s loyalty to Porsche. "Any one example of these races could be our weekend so you can get our first victory,” Long added. &#822motorcycle rear stand0;Definitely, some of the best step of your podium is really a goal for this purpose year. When which comes will undoubtedly be to the race goes to us. "We know we've the possible to succeed as well as finish higher. But we look in the first [four] races and we've put consistent points around the board and in striking distance. It is a long summer. “I'm excited, though the plan's to ascertain linear growth up 'till the end of the season. If you noticed that, then I did my job. If I’m fired prior to a end of year, then I've said a lot of!"John Dagys is SPEED.com’s Sportscar Racing Reporter, emphasizing all major domestic and international championships. You can actually follow him on Twitter @johndagys or email him at
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.badminton-web.fr Index du Forum -> Raquettes
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: